2600 TRS

northernsnooker

This is probably the least popular and least talked about Pathfinder model.  However, it is the one I am most interested in as I am not a hardcore fisherman.  We like to cruise, beach, swim, fish, snorkel, hit the lake, etc.  I will hopefully be deciding between a used one or order a new one in the near future.

The one thing I am not sure about is the lack of a place for a cooler.  I was thinking about going with a regular leaning post with a cooler underneath rather than the standard battery storage and tackle storage.  Could then move the batteries in the console, maybe even make a battery tray to stack the batteries 2 up.

I may also go with a T-top rather than a hardtop.  The hardtop is nice, but a regular T-top is quite a bit cheaper and seems to provide more coverage.  I don't think i have ever seen a 2600 TRS with anything except a hardtop. 

Any 2600 TRS owners out there with feedback about these topics or anything else about the boat??

Thanks!

The middle seat on the rear deck can be used to hold ice and drinks but drains to bilge so no fish.

also the front seat is a drink cooler. If you are going fishing strap a cooler to front deck dual puropse

casting platform/fishcooler low profile yeti tiedown fit under the cushions when not using cooler.

If you try to put batteries in console you are losing the head, and that's really the main reason to get the TRS

If you don't need the head go with the HPS

18 hours ago, ChrisB said:

The middle seat on the rear deck can be used to hold ice and drinks but drains to bilge so no fish.

also the front seat is a drink cooler. If you are going fishing strap a cooler to front deck dual puropse

casting platform/fishcooler low profile yeti tiedown fit under the cushions when not using cooler.

If you try to put batteries in console you are losing the head, and that's really the main reason to get the TRS

If you don't need the head go with the HPS

Don’t really need or want a head. Just like everything else about the Trs deck. 

We moved up from a 22 to the 26 TRS. We really love it. Handles the wakes and water much better. ( We spend 80% of the time in congested lakes) 

Able to put two families on the boat for causing and everyone is comfortable. Able to fish 4 people without getting in each others way. I trailer the boat to the coast which is 3 hrs each way a couple times a year and pulling with a 1/2 ton truck is not problem. 

The family really likes the forward seating and my son likes to say we have a picnic in the front while fish off of the rear.... 

After 18 months and nearly 200 hrs, All i can say is that we love it! 

• 3 weeks later...

Found a nice used 2600 Trs, but it doesn’t have a trailer. I got pricing from Ameratrail and almost fell out of my chair. I was expecting about $6k. Gonna be closer to $8k after adding spare hub, tire, carrier, etc. 

Anybody have experience with Sport Trail?  Waiting on a quote from them. Only big problem is they are a long way from home. 

Archived