Cost to replace digital gauges?

Gbonzo

A pair (speed and tach) of round, Command Link gauges, will run you about $800.  Those are the gauges that have the mpg, etc data.  You might call Sim Yamaha to check their pricing for new gauges.  You can also check ebay to see what you can find.

4 hours ago, polliwog said:

Look at the "sticky" on refurb on gauges, they seem to satisfy those folks who have done for a fraction of new.

He just did mine and they look great! He recently found a film that mimics the gray on the newer gauges (old ones when greenish) and it looks nice. Heck, I've got a pic.  The one pic that looks like they're not on, they are. The faces were already polished before I sent them in. 

IMG_0066.JPG

IMG_0067.JPG

I've got those exact gauges sitting in my workshop and I should sell them. I sold the Yamaha 200 hp 2 stroke a few years ago and forgot  I still had the gauges and 704 control.

They are in very good condition and have clear lenses.

Wonder what they are worth?

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/10/2018 at 1:34 PM, F1sh0n said:

Would you be able to just incorporate your gauges into a multifunction device like a chart plotter and just go away from dedicated gauges?

I'm looking at doing this since my command link gauges need replaced.  Just digging into it but looks like a good option.  I don't use my gauges for much anyway so I really hate to spend the money on them.  Now I just need to figure out the NMEA2000 stuff....

Easy to hook gauges to your plotter. I would worry about losing alarms or check engine notifications. I doubt that shows up on the plotter. I have one gauge that I’m going to send off but now I can see that info on my simrad. I wish I would’ve done it a long time ago

Actually, from what I've read you do get alarms on the plotter, and more detailed engine information (actual hours, temps, fuel & water pressure, etc).  The bonus is I can go to a bigger screen now and still be cheaper than new gauges.

Archived