Bass pedestal seat insert

Waterguy

I used my bass pedestal for the first time on our new 18 Redfisher. The bass plate came from the factory. The bass seat pedestal is a swivel-eze with standard pin. The bass plate hole has a screw in gas cap to keep water out and also to make the deck flush when not using the seat. The problem I am having is the way the base  wiggles when you put the pedestal into the opening there is a gap all around the plates hole. It allows it to have some wiggle room and consequently it feels like you could do some damage to the plate or possibly crack the deck if you tilted to far. It also does not screw in it just sits in a a pin hole about 2 inches down. I bought a Springfield hard plastic bushing insert but the was very tight and was too big and didn't sit flush with the deck.  It was very hard to pull out. Sorry for the long explanation but any ideas?

I already have the factory installed seat plate however it wobbles around a lot and feels like something could break actually quite easily. I don't understand how it doesn't have a tight fit with the standard swivel-eze diameter. Here are some pics of what I have.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

9 minutes ago, HoneyB said:

I would say the thought behind the design would be that if the shaft and pin have a good fit the unit would be steady. As on bass boats with flat plate.

could you turn the bushing down that you bought? 

No. It's pretty tight. I'm gonna call maverick now to see what they rec for their bass plate inserts.

Is this a NEW boat, or new to you ?

It's designed to fit that way.  You nailed it as a fuel cap as the whole thing is a fuel fill fixture.   It's just a convenient way to allow the opening to be sealed from water getting into the compartment.

The recessed seat post fitting is a standard pin receptacle that can be screwed down on the deck, except it's glassed in below the deck surface.

Archived