Just bought 1995 bayfisher 18

Bayfisher34

I just bought a 91 bonefisher and am just starting to restore it. It was repowered with a ‘15 90 Etec. I have always owned Yamaha and Suzuki. I have to say that I love this engine on this boat. It has a great whole shot. I was a little worried about the weight and performance with the four stroke on it reading some of the posts on here on repowering a lappy bonefisher. Not sure if there is a discussion here about your 18 but I would trade power for ride but it depends what you’ll be doing. Maybe some of the guys here can help with that. The Zuki 90 I had was a great engine for my 18 ft Vantage but it topped out at about 35mph and would be a lighter hull than that lappy. Good luck with the project I will be interested to see where you end up on it. I owned a 96 redfisher new back in the day. It was one of my best boats. 

9 hours ago, johnd said:

Have a 92 18Redfish..same hull.  Put 140 Suzuki on her and very pleased with my hole shot.  Reluctantly she is for sale.

welcome to the family!   Btw, I think your new boat will ride better if your turn it over. Lol

What kind of speed did you get with the 140? Just curious cause I don't get the outboard on and ready until Friday.

On 3/5/2018 at 5:58 PM, Bayfisher34 said:

Anybody know why my picture are upside down btw?IMG_3211.thumb.JPG.1cb87079247198ab8a42b0c57898ff26.JPG

sometimes it has to do with the pixelation of the image.  What I like to do is post and check it out and if it is not positioned correctly, open it up in windows paint and rotate it appropriately.  It's just the way the OS interprets the image.  Take a look above. I corrected it for you !!

7 hours ago, RacerxV6 said:

sometimes it has to do with the pixelation of the image.  What I like to do is post and check it out and if it is not positioned correctly, open it up in windows paint and rotate it appropriately.  It's just the way the OS interprets the image.  Take a look above. I corrected it for you !!

Thankyou, I tried rotating it in apple photos on my phone but it did the same thing.

On 3/8/2018 at 7:11 PM, Wanaflatsfish said:

Nice skiff....very clean....what kind of $$$ and who did the rebuild?

dc

I bought the hull for about 13k and the guy I bought it from did most of everything. It has 4 brand new jl's, a brand new jl amp, new wiring, new batteries, new led cockpit lights, new gauges and throttle, all repainted, new poling platform, new undergunnel rod holders, and a jackplate.

11 hours ago, Bayfisher34 said:

Here's a pic with the new 140 Suzuki. 

I'm still in the break in process so I haven't gotten it over 3000 rpm's yet though.

IMG_3238.JPG

Wow, absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for the current pic as I had to do a handstand to see the first one! 

Btw-Great motor choice. Zuke 140 probably the best motor out there for the money IMO. 

Archived