Perko battery switch question

Whiskeytrain

2 hours ago, JEM said:

If it's a wet cell battery that is over 4 years old, I wouldn't waste time checking it out further.  You don't know how it was maintained anyway.  I would just take it in and replace it!

My wet cell Starting battery is just short of 5 years old and holding 12.74 volts (trolling motor batteries, wet cell also, same age and at 12.73). It is not the age but how you take care of them. Stealth AC/DC has paid for itself. No reason for me to go AGM! Waste of money, not to mention they weigh more. I guess I should also add that I see no signs of corrosion either. 

• 3 weeks later...

Quick update. The battery is toast. The sticker on the side says “F0” and after looking online it appears that means it was manufactured in June of 2010.

Now I am in the market for a good starting battery for my 2017 Suzuki 115. Can anyone with a similar engine let me know what they use as far as manufacture and size? It is imperative to use a strictly starting battery or will a dual purpose work? 

Thank you

Probably replace with the same group size that you have so that you fit the existing battery box. After that get the most cold cranking amps you can. As for dual purpose, sure if you are running anything off the battery besides the starter get the dual purpose 

Archived