Finally a perfect trailer for my Maverick Ameritrail baby!!!!

billythekid

well some of you know I restored a very old 1977  No7 Berg boat  18.5 master angler.   I had purchased two different trailers with the same dismall results.   alot of empty promises on the trailer companies telling me they knew the hull and the trailer I needed.   and when they showed up they were the same bullshit twin bunk trailer you can put under any center console. Which is fine for those kind of boats.    

I contacted Scott Locke at ameritrail since that is where my Yellowfin trailer is from and nothing but good things to say about that triple axle trailer,  he told me that in order to build the perfect trailer for it he wanted the boat at is facility to scan the bottom of the boat.   He made it painless  since his haulers are delivering trailers almost everyday he sent one on his way back to pic the boat up and bring it to his shop and to bring it back to me. 

Well the final result is a trailer where the boat sits almost 10" lower than the generic trailer ,  the trailer runs the full length of the boat so the rear tie downs are even with the back,    a custom built support system under the boat to have it seamlessly slide on a off the trailer like nothing I have seen before,  The side cradles make it that my 5 year could put the boat on the trailer.    Also we added the side platform,  to walk on and and aluminum rims.     the trailer goes down 95 like its not even there.   it is truly impressive , the only mistake I made was not going to scott first to build the trailer.   I have to weed through two turds before I rested my baby on this work of art!!!!!

25345 (1).jpeg

People underestimate the importance of a boat sitting as low "in" a trailer as possible!  Boy howdy, it sure makes those Ameratrails tow nicely!  Not to mention getting in and out of the boat and reaching for stuff.  Nice trailer! 

1 hour ago, conocean said:

Like a glove! I've had several other brands of trailers and none tow like my Ameratrail. People don't realize how perfect an Ameratrail fits a Maverick and how much nicer it makes launching & loading until they have one! 

Very nicely done OP......beautiful rig and trailer set up......

Paul.......So, tell me what you really think ??? (LOL).....In my next life, I will have an AT :)

BTW, my "new eZloader axle is working great" and with the centering bunks....she loads....we'll maybe not like a glove....but, more like an old shoe...but, gets the job done (LOL) and I'm using the $3K difference for my wife's LG washer dryers which will allow me to fish more as soon as I get the garage project completed :)

dc

• 1 month later...

Archived