Deep cycle or dual purpose battery for 18.5 MA

VS-MasterAngler

3 hours ago, hurricane said:

Take a good look at the battery wire where the lug is crimped on. Many times these become very corroded, the corrosion will wick down the wire. Look at the back of the battery switch. Disconnect it all, and clean them with a wire brush. Let us know what you find.

X2....good point as well...although i do believe a $100 assessment might save you time and money by a good outboard mechanic.....trust me from experience....trouble shooting electrical are never easy..

dc

Thank you for the advice guys, it is very much appreciated! I am closing on my new home tomorrow so for the next week or two I may be off grid until I get all moved in. I'll try messing with the multimeter on the battery while the motor is running... But may have to just have Fort Myers Marine run through the system Capt. DeWALT mentioned. 

When you ate checking the output voltage you need to use a multimeter at the starting battery directly. 

All electronics have a voltage drop that will vary from unit to unit so your deptfinder will give a slightly different reading

I run a lowrance and hummingbird at the same time and there is always one or 2 tenths  difference 

The Yamaha gauge will always be slightly higher as it is more directly in the system but true reading is at the battery.

Archived