76/ 65

Capt. Troy

Winds sustained at 25 this morning with gusts to over 30 at Fred Howard Park. Water temps crashed from 76 to 65 in 24 hours.o.O

Managed bait some how. I ran out at the end of the trip. Got blown aground on a flat as the TM could not hold me and I got pushed up on a sand hump.

I was at the point of wanting to break the key off in the Ignition with a fake slip and fall.:D

Got up in the bushes with some very good anglers that brought some of the best venison jerky I have ever had. They drank beer and thanked me for getting them out of the crazy wind.

Then,

YKV6n3j.jpgbyo5lkW.jpg

If they were my customers there is no way I would have run the trip. It was a group trip with 5 boats and 15 anglers. Not my gig. On the way back from getting bait I had to get in deep water due to the super negative low tide. Came to a stop to slide the cooler back in place and I took one over the bow. A good enough of one to have to fish in wet sneakers all day.>:(

4 hours ago, Capt. Troy said:

If they were my customers there is no way I would have run the trip. It was a group trip with 5 boats and 15 anglers. Not my gig. On the way back from getting bait I had to get in deep water due to the super negative low tide. Came to a stop to slide the cooler back in place and I took one over the bow. A good enough of one to have to fish in wet sneakers all day.>:(

Wow, brave soul.  I didn't even think about launching this weekend. Couldn't even keep my line under control in my backyard pond!

4 hours ago, mulligan said:

Nice work on a tough day!  I know I wanted to go out there this weekend but some ribs in the smoker and a few cold ones seemed like a better idea to me.:)

Smarter than the average bear you are.

:DTurned my liver into a 1/4 inch cast net on Sunday.

Archived