Don and Dino Adventure - nice day and a few feeeesh

arrived in EC at 0645..picked  up my breakfast lunch / at Island Cafe - great Bacon egg and cheese on Texas Toast :)

Headed direct to the back - ran all the way to Alligator Bay - 21 miles - NADA :(

then head back to fish around the inside by the chatham and houston rivers...

a bunch of trout but no reds or snook.

Ran up to the front outside and found a few reds at the river mouth...

The guides did well on snook using live bait ....we tried parties for snook but we couldn't find any...

Ran the turner on the beginning of the low....lots of debris and trees all over the river.....pay attention in the back....running into the sun...it's hard to see.....we ran slow most of the day ie: 25 mph to allow me some latitude to adjust for a tree trunk ......

Off the bite till late March....but, great day on the water with my bud....

dc

20 hours ago, conocean said:

I suggested that you go a few miles farther south than Alligator! lol. Glad yall got out there and bent sum rods. 👍🏻 

I was following DonH's plan for the day.....we discussed going down to where you told us....but, we saw all those "Big Z's" on the top spot map and said....let's go there...I did hear down farther south...the guys did well on live bait.....

It was a fun day..........

And DonH did steal one of my reds....I was working a set of branches outside the Houston and I missed one.....I sat down and had to "re-tye"....well, couldn't have been more than 10 seconds and DonH says....."time for second shift"....he casts over to the exact same spot and up comes a 22 " red.........that's the kind of fishing buddy I have (LOL)....but, no big deal....the red came home to dinner no matter how he got into the bag of death on the stern :)

DC

Backcountry was on fire Sunday & Monday, especially the poon bite. That will change as soon as the temps hit the 50's.

I'll be back in Choko tomorrow thru Sunday. I've slept at my fish camp just as many nights as my home in Pompano this month. What an awesome February it has been in the ENP! :) 

2 hours ago, conocean said:

Backcountry was on fire Sunday & Monday, especially the poon bite. That will change as soon as the temps hit the 50's.

I'll be back in Choko tomorrow thru Sunday. I've slept at my fish camp just as many nights as my home in Pompano this month. What an awesome February it has been in the ENP! :) 

I want your life in my next one :)

dc

Archived