Maverick Holy S#%T Craigslist Miami!

MuddyBottomBluz

The market is officially loco when we are screaming cuss titles about this boat. 

I guess it’s worth what someone will pay, but if you are buying a project of this magnitude, you better be getting a screaming deal and I just don’t see it.

BTW I fished my buddies ‘94 alot with 130 and never thought of it as underpowered.

PS - I also coulda bought it 2 years ago in better condition with trailer for $2500 but needed a tank and everything else this does. That mighta been worth cussing over a lil.  

Linesider, no sweat, thank you. I have never seen a post for a Maverick at a price like that before, ecspecially in Miami/South Florida. Anybody who thinks they are going to jump in it and go after the gas tank repair would be foolish. Under powered, hardly! The boat would obviously need a full rework and nobody would offer him the asking price. My point for posting was for someone looking to get into a boat and who has some skills, this would be a perfect high quality used product at an affordable price, IMO. Not everyone is forunate enough to have enough income to afford a higher quality used boat and as well not many are forunate enough to have buddies offer them boats at such a discounted price.

Justfish; with regards to the cussing, you should of heard it this morning when a gentlemen taking out the trash at 6:15 A.M. somehow managed to let his dog run out in front of my truck WHILE ON A LEASH! Then he has the nerve to tell me F/U, there was some cussing!

I paid $11K for my MA17....it was garage kept for 22 years...pure cream puff and the engine doesn't have a bit of rust....and the 115 two stroke had 120 compression straight across....

I've put about $1K in upgrades and repairs to the engine.....and transferred all my previous Powerpoles, Electronics, batteries, and TM from my previous skiff....had to get a new AXEL for the EZ loader...but, all and all....great boat...I have probably $20K into her now, fully loaded...but, for the price of a new skiff....I'm super happy.....

Muddy-keep up the posts...great to see what's on the market..

Regarding the OP boat....no trailer - $3K, plus tank $3K, plus another $3-5K on other basic...probably worth $5K at most.

DC

21 hours ago, Nag Juice said:

What kind of $1k repairs and upgrades does a cream puff, rust free engine need?  Plugs, wires, impeller, oil etc? 

I changed out the fuel pump, changed the impellor, changed out the plugs, all the oil in the holding tank and on the engine, changed on engine fuel filter, new racor and filters, had the mechanic re-do the carb adjustments and linkages, i changed out the seals on the lower unit after I broke the skeg...when repairing they burned up the seals (I knew in advance).....changed out the on/off plug and re-wired everyting.

She hasn't missed a beat since.....normally run 60-75 miles on each trip and only run REc90....also drained and cleaned the fuel tank....so, I probably have $1500 in upgrades....

dc

7 hours ago, fsusteve said:

Did you have a company do the tank? I’ve been thinking about doing it just because the boat sits so much.

Yes, I had a local guy .....he came out with a large tank and a specialized pump....you have to remove the sender unit...he drained it out then used clean fuel to "pressure" clean the tank with a long nozzle.....

Total cost $200......

dc

Archived