1 DEAD, 2 INJURED IN BOAT CRASH LMR

lurem

I was wondering what the deal was! The Hillsborough Sheriff's Dept. keeps a boat on a lift about 1/8 mile from where I live in Apollo Beach. I heard the sirens coming from a strange location, north from the water not from the road, he was on full plane going down the main canal by my house at WOT....so much for manatee idle zone. Then I saw the helicopter and figured it must be real serious. 

On February 23, 2018 at 10:39 AM, lurem said:

Sad day for everyone involved . Weekday early morning not much boat traffic in a peaceful area . I have prayed for everyone involved. This is a special area for me my family and friends. I hope that we all learn from this terrible accident . Joe R

Tragic loss.  None of the reports have much detail on what happened.  It looks like there was only one boat involved because they have not mentioned two boats in the collision.  Very sad for the victims and their families.  It could happen to any one of us.  I hope we all learn from this too Joe.

1 hour ago, geeviam said:

Tragic loss.  None of the reports have much detail on what happened.  It looks like there was only one boat involved because they have not mentioned two boats in the collision.  Very sad for the victims and their families.  It could happen to any one of us.  I hope we all learn from this too Joe.

Two boats a white fiberglass center console bay boat about 19-20 ft and a aluminum boat tiller motor about 15-16 ft . Fiberglass boat had marks on the front underside and the aluminum boat was crashed at the left front area . Looks like the devils elbow area in the little manatee .

1 hour ago, dabear said:

Two boats a white fiberglass center console bay boat about 19-20 ft and a aluminum boat tiller motor about 15-16 ft . Fiberglass boat had marks on the front underside and the aluminum boat was crashed at the left front area . Looks like the devils elbow area in the little manatee .

30 minutes ago, lurem said:

I see now.  Thanks for the update guys.

Archived