Starboard dash cover-up/top ideas

justfish

I'd like to do something similar.  The console on my '08 2400 is more rounded, but has a little lip on the top at the end of the console side.  I'd like to extend it over hand a bit and put a bigger lip that would actually create a tray like the pics above.  My stumbling block is the existing lip, I think I'd need to bring it flush back to the top of the console.  Suggestions on how to do that?  I don't want to just go to town with a sawzall and have a bunch of gelcoat work to do.  I can handle the starboard fabrication but not experienced with the glass work.

Could you not take a router bit and cut the bottom side of the starboard out to allow for the lip to recess up in the starboard?

OR...  Make some type of Spacer to put between the top of the CC and the Starboard?

OR...  Just put a thinner sheet of starboard to level up to the lip and put the full sheet  on top of that?

On 4/25/2018 at 9:21 PM, rubble said:

Could you not take a router bit and cut the bottom side of the starboard out to allow for the lip to recess up in the starboard?

OR...  Make some type of Spacer to put between the top of the CC and the Starboard?

OR...  Just put a thinner sheet of starboard to level up to the lip and put the full sheet  on top of that?

All great options, glad I asked.  Thanks for the suggestions!

Archived