Starboard dash cover-up/top ideas

justfish

I’m looking to cover the top of my dash where previous owner had everything mounted. The best idea I can come up with is a basic tray that covers the entire top and has about a 1” lip all the way around...Something to put phone, sunglasses,etc up there so it won’t slide off. 

I feel like I’ve seen some better ideas but can’t seem to find anything online. Anyone have any ideas before I cut this expensive starboard?

48 minutes ago, justfish said:

I think mine is beyond seadek...need something more sturdy up there 

E2A1360F-9E2D-407A-B8AB-90B50E13C708.jpeg

Fill those holes up....maybe an ounce of resin and some cloth. Thicken the batch for the holes on the face. Sand smooth and SeaDek the top. The guy a few posts up made a whole new piece out of Starboard (I'm guessing you noticed) and covered his console top. Is your anchor light on the t-top now? Cup holders? I'll get that box of stuff out to you tomorrow. 

think only seadeck will do if not mounting anything up there. only being used as item tray. three holes on front, small little flush mount down light to light up switch panel if needed at night or small bulkhead flush mount compass. yes with a small overhang and narrow lip across front, just ideas fish. ¬¬ fin

On 2/24/2018 at 11:20 AM, mdemott said:

You could also use quarter inch PVC board. I like it better than Starboard as you can glue it. Comes in various widths also.

I am Sure I could fill the holes but I’d end up putting a lip across front anyways to keep things from sliding off so it would prob look better as One piece. I also have a bunch of sea deck left over to put up there anyways 

Where can I find the PVC board? 

On 2/24/2018 at 7:27 PM, fishmanjj said:

Or you may think about Marine Tex....depends on your preference 

Marine Tech cannot be re-gel coated..if I remember correctly.....so..be careful....if you are "OK" with it for filling holes...I've used Marine Tech mostly for dings and cuts on the bottom of the hull as no-one sees it.....

DC

On 2/25/2018 at 5:51 PM, justfish said:

Check Lowes or HD....it's used for building siding...or on-line I"m sure you can find someone who sells pieces.

I used it on my 17T and my MA17  to attach electronics and fuse buses....it's a great product...and yes, it can easily be glued which is a "nice to have"

dc

On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 5:51 PM, justfish said:

I am Sure I could fill the holes but I’d end up putting a lip across front anyways to keep things from sliding off so it would prob look better as One piece. I also have a bunch of sea deck left over to put up there anyways 

I ordered a piece from Boat Outfitters.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived