Rule 1100 Bilge Pump Problems

YankeeRedfisher

Checked on my RF18 yesterday where it sits next to the barn with a full boat cover and extension cord plugged in  to keep the on board charger working.

Heard a whining noise  aft of the motor well so had to take the cover off (PITA) to look down in bilges. Sure enough the bilge pump was cycling on and off repeatedly..

No water in the bilge (plug out). Tapped the pump figuring it was stuck.No help.Pulled the pump up from the housing and checked for blockage or debris.Was clean as could be. Pump still running and finally when I was able to lay it horizontal it cut off.

What do you all think? The pump is about two years old . Lucky it didn't rain the battery, guess having the charger powered up helped. Stuck float switch----I think they are not mechanical on a Rule 1100. Any ideas appreciated

Is this the automatic Rule that's oval shaped? I have one that's only an emergency bilge pump. I've had no problems.....yet! I hate to say it, I was the biggest Rule pump fan in the world, then I had two problems on two different pumps and after a bit of research on the original packaging...."Made in Mexico"!!!  It's now hit or miss!! }:(

Problem Solved. (I hope).

I contacted Rule and got excellent Tech support.. After explaining the issue I was asked how old was the pump;I guessed it was about 2 years old. He told me that he was sending me a new pump which has an updated circuit board that eliminates the problem I'm having. I'm please with that kind of customer service. All I have to do is deal with the rewiring which is not an issue.. The new pump is designated 1100a vs 1100. Rulimatic

Archived