TV Antennas. Cord cutting

rubble

You FL guys have it made with the flat land. No need for cable or Sat. We stayed in an RV in Lake Wales and could pick up nearly 100 channels. 

We have a family we are trying to help who was homeless until about a month ago. They cannot afford cable or Sat but we have some folks that are helping them with some necessities. We had loads of DVDs and VHS tapes we have provided but I think it would be nice to at least have an antenna  to get a semi local TV station (60 miles away) for local news. 

Does anyone use digital antennas and is there any product you have had luck with?  We are in an area with lots of hills and are between two cities each being about 75 miles away. We’ve had a hard time getting signals in our rv out by the lake but have trees all around us. 

I don't have hills to deal with, pretty flat here in Tampa, but I have a Channel Master 45. I have it mounted in the attic and i get outstanding quality. They have a 60 and 100 model, one of those might be good, but I think the best thing you can do is get the antenna as high as possible.

Check Amazon, I think they had better prices.

https://www.channelmaster.com/Outdoor_Antennas_s/20.htm

This site can help you figure out what channels you can receive.

https://www.antennaweb.org/Address

I can not help with an antenna.  Besides a little of the Super Bowl I can not recall the last time I turned it on.  My entertainment is simple and cheap and there is never a rerun! 

We made a simple "bird feeder" from scrap around the house and place it where it is a challenge for the squirrels to get to it.  Change it up from time to time to keep them on there toes.  Just sit back and watch the tree rats run your obstacle course.  It may sound silly but it is entertainment.    A cold beverage is optional:)

Archived