Mav HPV17 Bench Seat with Backrest Issue

HemiHP19

• 2 months later...

For anyone interested in building a better Maverick seat to support your back, here is a Tempress  style seat I installed on a Garelick Sliding seat support. Of course you must reinforce the underside area between deck and baitwell , which is accessible. Reduces number of persons on boat to two. Results are good, especially during rough seas. 

Mav Seat new good 20180411_084237.jpg

Mav Seat  new good 20180411_084022.jpg

Mav Seat new good 20180411_084043.jpg

Mav Seat new good 20180411_084105.jpg

Garelick offers three types of seat slides, I chose the Garelick Model 75080 due to the small footprint, about $95.00 from iboats.com. The Tempress seat is extremely comfortable, and supports my poor back, but pricey at $199.00. It is a Tempress Navistyle Probax Model number 68454. The seat mount installation requires underside reinforcement, which involves not only adding underside reinforcement but also filling the void space between underside of deck and upper ceiling of baitwell. Deck looks about 1/4 inch thick and cannot support this mount without reinforcement. So far my installation has not cracked nor creaked so trusting it will continue to work well.

That's a great looking Seat and looks comfortable too! 

29 minutes ago, HemiHP19 said:

Garelick offers three types of seat slides, I chose the Garelick Model 75080 due to the small footprint, about $95.00 from iboats.com. The Tempress seat is extremely comfortable, and supports my poor back, but pricey at $199.00. It is a Tempress Navistyle Probax Model number 68454. The seat mount installation requires underside reinforcement, which involves not only adding underside reinforcement but also filling the void space between underside of deck and upper ceiling of baitwell. Deck looks about 1/4 inch thick and cannot support this mount without reinforcement. So far my installation has not cracked nor creaked so trusting it will continue to work well.

Would you be willing to sell the Maverick Backrest and hardware, if you aren't using it anymore? 

Archived