Spacer for scupper install on pathfinder ?

fishcast

I purchased the 3” clear new rabud scupper deals, the things that look like pin pong balls in a clear case haha. Looks like they simply go over top of the current metal drains on the outside of the transom (removing the rubber flap).  I’m just wondering what people use for a spacer? Something home made or so there an easy way to purchase something?

also any reason not to install the new style rabud Scupper? Sounds like it’ll prevent most all water intrusion back up through the floor when in reverse or weight it shifted in the boat dramatically and also drain faster.  

On 2/12/2018 at 11:16 AM, fishcast said:

I purchased the 3” clear new rabud scupper deals, the things that look like pin pong balls in a clear case haha. Looks like they simply go over top of the current metal drains on the outside of the transom (removing the rubber flap).  I’m just wondering what people use for a spacer? Something home made or so there an easy way to purchase something?

also any reason not to install the new style rabud Scupper? Sounds like it’ll prevent most all water intrusion back up through the floor when in reverse or weight it shifted in the boat dramatically and also drain faster.  

they work....put them on...no more wet feet....

dc

Archived