18 Mav Master Angler - Jax craigslist - not mine

HPX FAN

That's my old Maverick.  I put the seat on the front of the platform and had the custom cover made.

I bought it thru a guy on here in Ft Pierce. 

Sold it about 2 years ago.  I posted it on here but buyer came from CL. 

He later listed it on here for a short time but obviously sold it as he didn't live in Jax.

Sometimes those are the best type of folks to buy from because they don't know what they have.  The ad does seem somewhat suspect but the background of the photos tell another story...maybe worth a call to seller.  If this ad was from south florida, would not even consider.  He may take $10k and be the best deal ever.  That 130 yamaha is a great motor.

Not sure why it’s being called a Hewes but those looking know what it is and could work to the buyers advantage. 

Anyway, the boat & motor are both 1993. The only thing that looks different from when I owned it is the keel guard and missing fender. 

As for the strange rear seat, I wanted to have some type of seat for my wife and some of the guys that fish with me that are in their late 60’s and 70’s. I also needed a couple of rod holders in the back. I added the handles to each side for their stability. It also make it a lot easier to get up on the platform. The other advantage is we cruise nearshore off of Canaveral in search of triple tails and cobia and it allows you to sit on the platform and lock your feet underneath it for a more secure ride. It doesn’t interfere with the livewell lid either. 

15 hours ago, HPX FAN said:

Sometimes those are the best type of folks to buy from because they don't know what they have.  The ad does seem somewhat suspect but the background of the photos tell another story...maybe worth a call to seller.  If this ad was from south florida, would not even consider.  He may take $10k and be the best deal ever.  That 130 yamaha is a great motor.

True story. 

I have bought numerous “Webber” grills off CL for Pennies on the dolllar. 

All used boats are a gamble. You never know anything til you actually check em out. 

Archived