Introduction and Request (WTB)

DavisIslander

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 1:50 PM, Davej said:

Fellow Tampa'er here as well. Started with a flats boat, went through the Bay Boat stage, and ended up back with a flats boat. I have a Hewes 18' Redfisher. 

Perfect boat for Tampa Bay, and easy for on old dude like me to handle by myself.

Went the other way as the granddaughters are at the age that I want them interested in fishing and boating and feel better with a higher gunnel Sold my flats and went to a 20 ft. bay.

12 minutes ago, DavisIslander said:

Yeah, as a Yeoman I'd state it may be a longshot.  We didn't promote med board folks.  We also required additional military obligation (36 months) for Chief.  No frocking either.  Sorry Boats.

We’re a little different. I can promote but once I accept the board findings I’ll be issued retirement orders and pulled off the advancement list is I haven’t already advanced. I have the right people in my corner now, we’ll see. Hence the reason I’m trying to sell the boat in the event that things go south quickly. 

On 2/6/2018 at 11:23 AM, DavisIslander said:

Love the Hewes and Maverick brand.

My Redfisher 16 has an amazing ride for its size.  Been in some nasty chop when thunderstorms pop up outta nowhere on the mountain lakes, and used the tabs to cut the waves with the bow.  However, I have heard from many experienced flats boat enthusiasts that the soft & dry ride of the Maverick MA 18 is legendary.  Now, this one may not pole as easily, but I think it will win the soft ride contest: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCgVumRpLro

Archived