Transducer location LSS2

gambler1

Yes it was.

My installer had already put it there before I had a chance to see the finished product.

As you can see that was not the right location.

It did last a couple years before it knocked into something. I have a new replacement and am looking for the best spot for it.

I'm looking for advice and best performance spot for it.. On top of all that he used 5200 on the screws? That's gonna be fun (Not)

I would love to see pics and here the do's and don'ts.

its not my boat...  i was inquiring for feedback and this is what i saw.   I think that's just the perspective.   I was actually glad to get this pic because this the exact location i have stenciled out on my transom to mount the plate my 3d scan will attach to. If this is how the factory does it I feel that validates my judgement :)

Once it actually gets a little warmer up herein NJ i will mount mine and post some pics.   Im only doing inside rigging right now becase

the whole outside is shrink wrapped

Not being critical just informational. The 22 is not a stepped hull. The area on the transom is often referred to as a pocket. A stepped hull is a horse of a different color. People often put the transducer in the pocket but a couple of caveats . For sidescan it must be lower than a line from each side of the the hulls rise. If it placed too close to the midline it may dirty up the water for the prop causing loss of performance. The transom part of the pocket is not flat or square so mounting can be a chore.

23 minutes ago, smilemaker said:

Not being critical just informational. The 22 is not a stepped hull. The area on the transom is often referred to as a pocket. A stepped hull is a horse of a different color. People often put the transducer in the pocket but a couple of caveats . For sidescan it must be lower than a line from each side of the the hulls rise. If it placed too close to the midline it may dirty up the water for the prop causing loss of performance. The transom part of the pocket is not flat or square so mounting can be a chore.

I did not know that, Most people I know call it a step. Can you show me a pic of the difference of a stepped hull?

I think anywhere its mounted where its in the water when on plane could result in the same damage due to striking something.  Maybe a little less risk as it may tip up alleviating some of the impact... maybe.  I for one wanted to mount mine to the bottom of the hull like that but couldnt find anyone with it set up that way to verify how it performed there... sooo how did it read there?  Did the keel block any of the beam on the port side?

On my current setup mounted so its in the water on plane I can get clear enough readings to see structure while running on plane around cruising speed and that has found me some good bottom spots for snapper.  The down side to wher emine is mounted is the OB blocks some of the bean on the port side with the motoe all the way down, but this is only a factor when in 25' or less.  It would be nice to not have to trim up the OB in shallow if mounting directly to the bottom eliminates that. 

I got to think odds are pretty low of taking a hit directly to the transducer like that unless running in a body of water with alot of hazards. 

Archived