Newbee Help Please 17V Vs 17 S

benbroker

I have searched for a several hours now on the web trying to decipher the difference between the 17 HPX I have taken on trade and now own, and a 17 HPX S. My boat is a 2006 HPX with a 90 HP 4 stroke Yamaha.  So by what i have been able to determine must be an HPXV. Is this correct? So what is the difference between what I now own and a 17 HPX S. Assuming that by the engine HP I have it is an HPV.

I have searched all of the forums, as well as th mfg sites prior to posting this and still have no idea as to how the two models differ other then size of engine. 

Please help. Sorry I am so stupid. Owned a lot of boats but rarely have been so confused. 

The S is slightly longer than the V (+11") and has a softer entry = less V therefore a flatter hull.  Its a shallower poling skiff than the V.  Both boats have their respective pros and cons.  They are similar boats but to the discerning flats fisherman they are noticeable and will sway the decision as to which boat to go with.  My opinion is the V will handle choppier conditions well whereas S will get you shallower. 

On 1/28/2018 at 9:09 PM, wayne said:

What did you trade for it ?

I took it on trade against a Robalo 22. Going through it now and sorting things out. Was a tender on the bow of a Sportfisherman I brokered for a customer. Captain was not the most professional in wiring and had to redo most of what he had done.

Another question is how does the air control system work? There is a valve on the console marked air control and it rotates to open and closed. Assume it supplies air to the live wells, but how? Is there a pump?

IMG_2458.JPG

Archived