Minimum garage requirements pathfinder 22-24

fishcast

Currently I own a pathfinder 2000v.   I’m considering purchasing a home with a garage that’s smaller than ideal.  It’s about 26’ long for space on the interior.  Width is a non issue with that particular garage. Height of garage door is about 7’. 

Currently my parhfinder 2000v fits no problem lengthwise but It doesn’t fit with windshield/grab bar up through the garage door.   I may choose to get a super short custom windshield and use the very short one most summer and then just use the thumb screws to swap out for larger windshield in cold/rainy weather etc.  

however I’m wondering for people  with pathfinder 22s or 23 hps boats how much length and height you need (in case I ever get a larger model than the 2000v which is likely).  Swing tongue trailers would be required more than likely.  For heigh the stock windshield wouldn’t work upright but I’m wondering how high it is to the top of the fiberglass console.  

I currently live in an apartment which is so snug I actually have to trim down the motor to fit my 2000v so I’m used to relatively snug fits. 

Also if anyone has experience running no windshield or super short one wondering if you like it or not? I attached a pic of a super short custom windshield on a PathFinder that I saw on a hogy lures video... I’m thinking I might look into an option like that and modify the grab rail or buy a different one.  Thanks a bunch for any measurements /ideas.  

455D52E7-D532-4A8E-BBA1-464D4DD9C04D.png

9E0E6CF7-8AAD-449A-933D-FA640C3B9BE6.png

Fishcast,

i can’t comment on the garage size issues, but I can on the short windshield. I did not want a Tee top on my 22TE and found a good boat in NC. It has the bug slinger, and I have had no problems. A buff to keep from wind burn is necessary for longer runs. No bugs in the teeth yet!

The only thing my passengers miss is the grab rail. IMO, the two small ones as pictured above are useless. So holding on for anyone without the steering wheel is a chore. I did get two large beanbag chairs for each side of the leaning post so two can sit and hold on to the lean post legs.

I would love have a grabrail for the CC that goes over the short windshield.

For short trips or fishing anywhere, I love the “shorty” and lack of casting obstructions it provides.

Please post here if you find any good ideas for a new grab rail,

M

Frozen, 

Is that style or brand of windshield actually called bug slinger? I thought it was just a random sticker on the guys windshield but maybe it is the brand or style or something.  Wondering what the easiest way to get ahold of one like that is? I’ll respond in this this thread if I get a good idea for shorter grab bar also. 

Fishcast,

Mine is actually a Maverick windscreen that was installed on 2008 TEs. They are available at https://www.updplastics.com/maverick-boat-windshields/

They have many varieties and colors for about any boat. I’m sure they can custom make anything you want. A replacement for my boat is $125, which isn’t too bad. I have never bought anything from them, so I can’t vouch for their quality or customer service. Just figured I’d break one sooner or later.

Let me know if you find a grab rail for it.

M

On 1/27/2018 at 2:51 PM, Bamaskeet said:

You are going to need a 30' deep garage with a 8' high garage door to fit a 2200V on a Ameratrail trailer with no swing tongue.  You might get away a little smaller, but not much.

I believe I fit my 22' in a 28' space. It all depends on the trailer I assume.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived