Lenco actuator

dredd

2014 2200 TRS Anyone replace these? My 2004 I owned for 7 years no problems.

I have 12V at the connection in the bilge, and purchased the actuator. When replacing the upper bracket must come off to have enough room to get the bolt out. The bracket feels like it is stuck down with 5200, and i didn't want to damage gel-coat. Any recommendations on getting this off without damage? 

IMG_9466.JPG.5f5c0e11676a91c71e64085bb43400b0.JPG

Ok, thanks Hawg! I've used that method for taking emblems off my truck way back, and didn't even think about it. I'll give it a try, but I think this may be a bit tougher. Ray with Pathfinder told me I would have to use a putty knife (I will tape it off). I'll try that 2nd. Also, on my 2004 when I had to replace cheese grater I used some product I bought online to dissolve 5200, but i don't remember the name. 

On 1/22/2018 at 1:01 PM, dredd said:

2014 2200 TRS Anyone replace these?

Are you sure it's the actuator and not a bad connection at the helm or in the bilge...

Before you take it off...check by cutting the wire in the bilge where it attaches and use a 12V battery to see if it moves...use alligator clips and a wire with some skinned wiring..it it moves, it could be the bilge connection or the switch at the helm....

Work your way through before taking it off and just changing it out.

dc

12 hours ago, Wanaflatsfish said:

Are you sure it's the actuator and not a bad connection at the helm or in the bilge...

Before you take it off...check by cutting the wire in the bilge where it attaches and use a 12V battery to see if it moves...use alligator clips and a wire with some skinned wiring..it it moves, it could be the bilge connection or the switch at the helm....

Work your way through before taking it off and just changing it out.

dc

Yes, I checked and have 12V at the deutsche connector in the bilge.

42 minutes ago, fin-addict said:

if it is the same as your bad one, just use the old bracket with the new actuator. that is what I did. easy change out. wish they never made 5200. used way too much where not required, JMO !!!!! :S

There is not enough clearance to get the top bolt out. The bracket has to be removed and it is 5200'd to the hull (my issue). 

Thanks everyone. I will update when I get a chance to complete the job.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived