MA Ladder Removal

Dobey1

it slides thru a slot on each side of the bracket and snaps in place....I can tell that your bracket is different than mine.  I think,  after enlarging  your photo of the bracket....we are not comparing apples to apples.  I have a much older model bracket and ladder.

Looks like one I had on one of my old boats.  To lower it I had to lift it straight up from where yours is in the picture, then just let it swing down and the pins at the top rest on the face of the bracket.

To remove it off the bracket, I think it had to be in the up position as yours is, lift up and twist it so the pins rotate out of the bracket.  Then lift up and remove.

16 hours ago, all wet said:

Looks like one I had on one of my old boats.  To lower it I had to lift it straight up from where yours is in the picture, then just let it swing down and the pins at the top rest on the face of the bracket.

To remove it off the bracket, I think it had to be in the up position as yours is, lift up and twist it so the pins rotate out of the bracket.  Then lift up and remove.

I will try again. I was so mad the other day I almost removed it with an angle grinder.

Can't imagine how they got it in there. I installed the same ladder on my 18MA. I had the same issue when I laid out the install, so I cut off the top step.  I didn't think the top step was necessary anyway, it was so close to the deck. The distance from the second step to the deck was just fine.

All you have to do is cut the small welds, and a slot in one side so the step can come off the pipe. I just used dremel to cut the weld, then filed it a bit after the step was off. 

Archived