Stuck in Choko mud

conocean

Yowza!!! Dang new moon winter tides and strong north wind will do it every time! Looks like a 5' to 6' drop to the deck from the dock...too far for me to jump down. :) Happy to see your engine is tilted up, hate to see lower units stuck in the mud when the tide comes back in. Perfect situation for a sunk boat.  

Thanks guys.

This is the only kinda stuck that doesn’t totally ***. I have to almost use a parachute just to get onto my skiff right now! 

Most of the wear on my skeg came from a couple “incidents” over the past few winters during a negative low tide, of course.

🌬 🚱 🛶 😬

Your old 17T and my old HpxT wouldnt be too far from cip today, Dino...

The gheenoers that left here at 0730 are back because there isnt enough water for them to get to Rabbit Key pass! They said the tide seems like its getting lower out front even now when the tide should be coming in 😳

1 hour ago, conocean said:

Your old 17T and my old HpxT wouldnt be too far from cip today, Dino...

The gheenoers that left here at 0730 are back because there isnt enough water for them to get to Rabbit Key pass! They said the tide seems like its getting lower out front even now when the tide should be coming in 😳

Wow and double Wow....rabbit key pass closed ???

It must be some skinny stuff....and da feesh be hid'n in da deep water !!!

DC

2 hours ago, conocean said:

Got out of the marina early Fri, Sat & Sun morn. Tide wasn't so low on Sat & Sun once the wind died down.

Horrible fishing out front all 3 days (except trout). Plenty of fish in the deep backcountry where the sawgrass meets the mangroves! 

Interesting they'd moved that far back........you are almost up on US 41 fishing :)

dc

Archived