Jump to content
rdupre

Re-power my 2006 Redfisher 16 ( with pics now)

Recommended Posts

OK, here is the final product.  I'm pretty excited about it.  Boat is being delivered Saturday July 14th but here are the pictures.  I'll add more pictures when I get it home and have time to do so.  Will probably do a video as well.

  • 2018 Yami SHO
  • SeaDek
  • Power Pole Blade
  • Hydraulic Jackplate
  • Trailer mods to lower the boat in between the wheel wells and change boards and carpet, etc.
  • New Tires

 

IMG_2419_LI.jpg.e653628145bc646bdf06a0cac408b33a.jpgIMG_2420.JPG.e48a7db75d0eda8c17e61eb9c5b1e167.JPGIMG_2421.JPG.7111f4297b5a013f6664ce3f05f99fcd.JPG

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, MtPVOL said:

Love it.   Now I have to talk wife into letting me spend more money.   That’s the same color as my boat also. 

Good luck with that conversation....LOL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, lurem said:

That is a great looking boat! You did a fantastic job and I like the look with the polling platform.

I took the polling platform off a number of years ago.  I don't really poll when I'm fishing here is south Louisiana.  I have the ability to quickly put the platform back on if needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, lurem said:

That is a great looking boat! You did a fantastic job and I like the look with the polling platform.

Yes, I think a platform adds some additional utility as well....I have rod holders on mine which keeps the rods out of the way from the console.

BTW, lots of sea-deck...what did the whole upgrade run you?   Looks like you have a nice skiff for the next 10 years for sure....

 

DC

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/13/2018 at 8:09 PM, rdupre said:

OK, here is the final product.  I'm pretty excited about it.  Boat is being delivered Saturday July 14th but here are the pictures.  I'll add more pictures when I get it home and have time to do so.  Will probably do a video as well.

  • 2018 Yami SHO
  • SeaDek
  • Power Pole Blade
  • Hydraulic Jackplate
  • Trailer mods to lower the boat in between the wheel wells and change boards and carpet, etc.
  • New Tires

Which make and model (size) hydraulic jack plate did you buy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RedReaper said:

Looks great! Can't wait to see some performnce numbers as I am wanting to repower my 05 with a new 115 sho. 

Ran it today and hole shot is not good.  

Currently have a 3 blade 21 pitch Power Tech PTR 3R21PYM90

top end at 6000 RPM is 50mph but having to use trim tabs to keep it from bouncing.

working with Marcus at Power Texh and motor installer and I have confidence they’ll get it dialed in.

current thinking is to stay with same prop but drop to 19 or 17 pitch .

i’ll keep you updated.

love the 115 sho.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Wanaflatsfish said:

Yes, I think a platform adds some additional utility as well....I have rod holders on mine which keeps the rods out of the way from the console.

BTW, lots of sea-deck...what did the whole upgrade run you?   Looks like you have a nice skiff for the next 10 years for sure....

 

DC

 

Love the seadek so far.  Today I fished and I definitely feel it had a positive impact on fatigue.  It was hot today and I fished standing up the entire time.  Love the power pole addition as well. 

PM me for cost please.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By the way...went to put some break-in hours on my motor today but stopped to fish a few places.  Caught 6 reds on a gold spoon.  My wife had a blast.  She loves the boat too!!

IMG_2427.jpg.46d20d112e72d817c4500e6395d729d5.jpgIMG_2434.jpg.f98a1a956573ab2fe9ef42ae7d45c3ba.jpg

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rdupre said:

Bob’s action 6 inch with 6 inch vertical travel.  

Good choice IMO.  4 inch setback is not enough for a Redfisher unless you go with the Atlas Micro Jacker.

 

1 hour ago, rdupre said:

By the way...went to put some break-in hours on my motor today but stopped to fish a few places.  Caught 6 reds on a gold spoon.  My wife had a blast.  She loves the boat too!!

Awesome!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, rdupre said:

Ran it today and hole shot is not good.  

Currently have a 3 blade 21 pitch Power Tech PTR 3R21PYM90

top end at 6000 RPM is 50mph but having to use trim tabs to keep it from bouncing.

working with Marcus at Power Texh and motor installer and I have confidence they’ll get it dialed in.

current thinking is to stay with same prop but drop to 19 or 17 pitch .

i’ll keep you updated.

love the 115 sho.

Just some thoughts, for what it's worth...  Lurem and I both tried the PTR3 on our RF 16s with 115s and it was not a good fit.  If you want to stay with a 3-blade, ask Marcus about the new PRO3 that has been in development for a while now.  Not sure if it has been officially released.  Another Powertech prop I always wanted to try was the NRS3 in 19 pitch or maybe even 18 pitch.  The 115 SHO likes a prop that will reach 6300 to 6400 RPM at WOT, aired out - and without vent ports drilled in it.  You will be impressed with the difference in speed and fuel economy.  Your prop slip numbers should be at 6% or less with your setup.  Hope this helps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, geeviam said:

Just some thoughts, for what it's worth...  Lurem and I both tried the PTR3 on our RF 16s with 115s and it was not a good fit.  If you want to stay with a 3-blade, ask Marcus about the new PRO3 that has been in development for a while now.  Not sure if it has been officially released.  Another Powertech prop I always wanted to try was the NRS3 in 19 pitch or maybe even 18 pitch.  The 115 SHO likes a prop that will reach 6300 to 6400 RPM at WOT, aired out - and without vent ports drilled in it.  You will be impressed with the difference in speed and fuel economy.  Your prop slip numbers should be at 6% or less with your setup.  Hope this helps.

Thanks for the information!  I really appreciate that. I’m not tied to a 3 bladed prop.  I’ll talk with Marcus.

So what prop model are you and Lurem using please? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×