Powerpole tubing through transom, yay or nay?

dcathey

I just replaced my old pro series with blades and would like to avoid routing the 4  tubes around steering, etc. 

Does anyone have any input or pics on the powerpole through hull fittings and would that be suitable for transom installation on a 22 Pathy? I didn’t get a chance to call them before the end of the day. I feel like it would look like a much cleaner install. I see them on bass boat installs but they have different transom 

6D13C9C7-275F-4B2D-807E-C3FE5D60D513.png

I ran mine through the splashwell because i didn't want any more thru hull holes. I ran them through hydraulic bulk head fittings. That way they matched the seastar and jackplate fittings. They are the hydraulic bulk head fittings on either side of the splash well. They worked great to fit both hoses through one fitting. 

B30B389B-64A8-4C16-AA52-EBAEBBD13D60.jpeg

1 hour ago, bigsnook35 said:

I ran mine through the splashwell because i didn't want any more thru hull holes. I ran them through hydraulic bulk head fittings. That way they matched the seastar and jackplate fittings. They are the hydraulic bulk head fittings on either side of the splash well. They worked great to fit both hoses through one fitting. 

B30B389B-64A8-4C16-AA52-EBAEBBD13D60.jpeg

very interesting idea .....

dc

My new 8' Pro came with black rubber grommets included in the box that make for a super clean installation thru the transom. The hose is held pretty tight so you need to leave the proper slack to accommodate the full up and down range of motion. On the inside I copied the factory look by fabricating a bracket to keep the pump high and dry. 

IMG_1535.JPG

IMG_1531.JPG

Archived