kevlar hull on 87 MA

eilybird

1 hour ago, eilybird said:

I tried to do a search about this before I asked but could not find anything. It looks like the hull of my boat is Kevlar does that make sense . 1987 MA

I looked at earlier MA's...the early 80's had a  wood transom and were fiberglass....

Send a note to Skip on the forum......with your VIN # to confirm.

DC

14 hours ago, Wanaflatsfish said:

I looked at earlier MA's...the early 80's had a  wood transom and were fiberglass....

Send a note to Skip on the forum......with your VIN # to confirm.

DC

No Scott deal Maverick has ever had a wood transom from factory.  You may have looked at a Berg Maverick before Scott.

1 hour ago, eilybird said:

I will take a picture and upload it the hull is brown substrate with black fibers running diagonal . Whichwayup is that a Kevlar console in the boat ?

Chances they are Kevlar wovenings mixed in with the fiberglass for strength, Bob Hewes did this as well and the sticker on the sides of the Hewes always said "Made From Kevlar Wovenings". Kevlar when it first came out was exrtremely expensive so building a whole boat back then out of it would have been too costly.

you know what, You may be onto something.  I always said that boat was a lot lighter than my 2000.  The console is definitely CF, but I never considered the hull being CF because of its age.  Dang, I think we need to renegotiate the price I sold it to you for if it is a CF hull!  ;)

Hope it is, I always knew she was special!

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 3:54 PM, slyshon said:

Scott's first model year with Maverick was 1985, never any wood in any on Scott's watch.  As for Kevlar, that was really early for that product and doubt is was built with any unless it was a special order.

Skip

anyway to confirm this I looked again and the inside of the hull is dark brown with black fibers. cant get a good picture due to the size of hole im looking in.

Archived