T-top Canvas

pcalv

Alright fellas, I need some advise here.  I have a 2004 2200V Ice Blue that is in need of new canvas on the T-top.  Frame doesn't have any power coat or color, its just aluminum.  Question is, what color canvas should I go with?  The original color was a navy blue canvas (now purpleish) which I never really liked against the Ice Blue Hull.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Photos of your tops if possible.  Also, while we are on the topic, does anyone have any suggestions recommendations as to where I could purchase a new canvas?

11 hours ago, HarleyG8r said:

I did Weblon that was white on top and light blue on the bottom. Holds up better than canvas. Bought from this guy and installed myself, been very happy with it.

https://www.thehulltruth.com/fishing-miscellaneous-items-commercial-sellers-only/505180-sunbrella-t-top-canvas-replacement-189-any-color.html

707d694f-ffac-4ce2-862d-1ebf0a045723-zpsmo4eu8mh-2_orig.jpg

560668dd-0ace-4075-9068-9919ecd17e45-zpsp1495v1y_orig.jpg

How do you like the Velcro/slits for the rod tips? 

16 hours ago, Shindig said:

How do you like the Velcro/slits for the rod tips? 

I agree, the Velcro is going to wear out before anything else but mine lasted about 6 years before it wore out.  I'm tempted to omit the Velcro flaps when I replace it this year and just leave an opening.  The way I see it is that it wouldn't be any different than the new hard tops that only have a hole cut in the hard top for rods.

35 minutes ago, pcalv said:

I agree, the Velcro is going to wear out before anything else but mine lasted about 6 years before it wore out.  I'm tempted to omit the Velcro flaps when I replace it this year and just leave an opening.  The way I see it is that it wouldn't be any different than the new hard tops that only have a hole cut in the hard top for rods.

X2

I never “close” my Velcro flaps

Archived