Mercury Verado

Vapor Trail

On 1/13/2018 at 10:08 PM, Vapor Trail said:

Does anyone know which of the three white colors the Verado comes in would best match the Pathfinder deck gel coat?  I was thinking it might be pearl fusion or warm fusion. 

I have a friend at Big Pine that has a white Mercury on his 24 Pathfinder.....I'll try to find out which color it is for you. I'm going to bet it's the warm white because the Pathfinder gel coat is more of an " off white" than a bright white and the Pearl white I've seen on Yellowfins looks very bright white.

On 1/18/2018 at 12:37 PM, Vapor Trail said:

Ashland,  We pull the kids on tubes around here on lakes, fish for tarpon in the keys for 10 days a year and fish the mullet run of Ponce inlet in the fall.  Everyone around here has bow riders.  I'd rather not own a boat than have one of those and a straight fishing boat is a waste of money to be used three weeks a year so I'm getting a 2600 TRS.  I'm super particular about these things so I want everything to be perfect.

Cool.  Have some friends up in your area.  I went to school at Morehead and would you believe... Never wet a line at Cave Run?!   I play around in Laurel and Cumberland some but most of the water that splashes my Pathy is at Cherokee Lake (TN), Guntersville Lake (AL) and some salt around SW FL.  Funny thing about running around in the lakes up here is they all think I'm the water patrol or something.  Although, bay boats are showing up a little more in this area.  I think guys are finding they are great for Striper fishing and taking to the big lakes in FL for shiner fishing.   

On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 1:05 PM, F1sh0n said:

I have to say I am glad someone is looking at Mercury.  It was a bold move by MBG to allow the customer to pick their power.  As far as engines go, the Verado 350 will be lighter than the Yamaha 350.  This is important if you are beach fishing with swells as well as overall balance of the boat.  Mercury Verado is also made in the USA, which is important for me.

Now my $0.02

I had a VMAX 250 HPDI on my 21 Maverick.  Have to say it was the worst engine I have ever owned.  It was constantly in the shop for one reason or another.  It got to the point where it simply would not run smoothly between 3600-3800 RPM's.

When I got my 1993 MA 18 it had a Optimax on it.  I think it was a late 90's engine, definitely the first Optimax generation, and boy it earned the name Opti-pop.  Was running the back way from Florida bay back to Goodland and it Pop'd.  Thank god for sat phones is all I have to say.  Anyhow, I bought a non current Optimax 150 (2007) to replace it in 2009.  That optimax was the best engine I have ever owned.  When I choose to get another boat, I will only buy a Mercury product.  I have heard only wonderful things about the Mercury 150 4 stroke and am excited to see what Mercury has at the MBS.

As for color, I would buy the bright white since it will be the closet match to your power pole and the powered coat.

Just repowered to a Merc 150 for my 20ft. bay boat and I am really enjoying it. Had a 225 Opti on my Robalo and it ran very well and never failed me. Pathfinder had a 225 HPDI which stranded me twice. Had a Yamaha 115 2 stroke on my Bayfisher and it was indestructible. Guess you can have different experiences with outboards.

Archived