E.G. Simmon area no floaters

dabear

This morning Friday  Jan.12,2018  fished a couple areas before the cold front it was very windy, super clear water, not a great tide did not see any dead fish in the Bahia beach , E.G. simmon Park area. Got a nice snook and  jacks very short trip due to rough water and 20 MPH wind .

Gold spinner baits  . It was only 1 1/2 hrs from the time we put in until we loaded up . I am sure that there where more fish around but the wind seemed to blow harder every second . I was fishing with my wife and it wasnt getting better so we loaded up and made it a short trip. 

15 hours ago, hurricane said:

Not bad for an hour an half. Good to hear no floaters. 

Hurricane , In that short amount of time we covered a few spots (that are known to have fish)and didnt see any movement no bait or bites . That snook was in between hundreds of cast with no action before or after it . Also in just bumped the in line spinner and moved really slow felt like when you bump a leave under water than line got a little heavy like a small rock I pulled thats when it started acting like a snook. This cold water has them in low gear.  Fish was also heavy and fat for how long it was .   I was glade to see a healthy snook and not see anything dead . 

On January 13, 2018 at 11:17 AM, hurricane said:

The cold water has them in lazy mode, ok so it was a fair catch for 1.5 hours!:D

Hurricane , Fair catch it is:DWithout my lucky buckeye seed in my pocket I may not of landed that snook .It was as windy as any weather I have ever fished in , A real challenge to hold the boat in position long enough to get a cast to the correct spot and thoroughly work it in the strike zone .  Could not work a mangrove with the wind at my back because we where moving way to fast . Had to go into the wind to have time to work a area .Wish we could of fished longer but I think we got the best from a bad weather day . The great thing about the trip,was we did not see any dead fish .   Hope we get to sneak another day in between fronts again next week. Joe R

Archived