Had to say goodbye to my buddy of 11 years

JEM

Chip ended up with serious liver cancer and probably a lot more.  He went from wagging his tail 1000 times a day this past weekend,  to not eating Monday. Long story short, I had to say goodbye this afternoon.  A quick true story.  After my divorce 10 years ago, I dated a series of nice ladies, who all loved Chip.  But the first time Debbie came to the house, she sat down in the den while I went to let Chip in to meet her,   He trotted up to her, took one sniff, and quickly hiked his leg and sprayed her down!  He never did that to any of the others, and has never done that since.  That was his way of telling me she was a keeper.  We have been happily married ever since!  Good dog!  I will miss him!

3C01DAB0-E6F8-4FD8-9C2C-27F4C044FE1E_thumb_jpeg_d2499cb381628d22fef6d4538cae80ee.jpg

1C9DFD63-D3C5-4B72-A8EF-C946803CC134_thumb_jpeg_c3471d6b64c6f9b8fd9cdb7b951ee2de.jpg

B432C0B1-42CF-416A-B93D-EB22FF27E238_thumb_jpeg_50d23bc2d2e1141a73f9534d9228f218.jpg

untitled.png

untitled.png

Sorry to hear.  I lost my buddy last year to cancer and still expect him to run to the door when I get home.

My story is opposite when it comes to dogs and women.  My ex-girlfriend is the one who brought the puppy home so when we split she took the dog.  Within a few days the dog had destroyed all her new furniture!:D  The dog never chewed anything before or after.  Needless to say but our furry friends always seem to be right.  Oh and I got my buddy back from the ex and we had a great 13 years of fun. 

We lost  our Scottie to jaw cancer in August, 2017 at age 8. That is young for a Scottie. It seems as though dogs are dying of various forms of cancer more often. We just got a 7 month old Scottie and have decided to feed holistic food and not allow him on lawns that have been sprayed for weeds, pests etc. It's really starting a study on influences that may help others over time.

6 hours ago, Capt. Troy said:

Always tough.

Get you another soon. I went almost 10 years after loosing my Walker hound of 14 years. Can't believe I waited that long and missed out on ten years of the joy dogs bring.

Remember, "nobody loves you like your dog does".

I feel such guilt that he had to love an SOB like me!  He was never down, even after I would be an A-H whipping him for something he didn't deserve a whipping for.  He would just look up, smile, and wag his tail......right back at me.  He never had a down day in his life!   The only time in 11 years he never wagged his tail upon seeing me was yesterday when they brought him in the room.

So sorry.  My son and daughter-in-law lost their pup, Kai, around the same time under similar circumstances.  We had her for almost a year while my son was in school before they married.  It's sad--they are with us but for a short while, yet they make such an impact on our lives.  God bless.  fullsizeoutput_4648.thumb.jpeg.53e9849f666ac54bfabbb8d989b29ff7.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_27e.jpeg

IMG_0541.JPG

fullsizeoutput_261.jpeg

If you want to find out who really loves you, lock your spouse and your dog in the trunk of your car, come back in an hour, let them out and tell me which one is happy to see you again !!😊

sorry for your loss.

Our boxer is close to 13 years old and had something happen, possibly a seizure last week. Didn’t think he was going to make it, but is still with us.

60A3978A-E34B-4D06-8348-21374709488E.jpeg

Sorry for your loss. It's so hard losing a dog. I lost a black lab a week shy of her 11th bday. It took me 5 years to get another. After getting my choc lab I wondered why I waited so long to get another one.  They are such loyal companions and it's so hard to see them start going downhill 

Jem, I am sorry for your loss, it is truly one of the hardest things to do.  We had to say goodbye on Friday to our 14 year old black lab, Bud.  He declined rapidly after being diagnosed 2 months ago with bladder cancer.  I know you will never forget him, but I hope time helps the pain.

Bud Jan 2018-04.jpg

4 hours ago, SC_Fisher said:

Jem, I am sorry for your loss, it is truly one of the hardest things to do.  We had to say goodbye on Friday to our 14 year old black lab, Bud.  He declined rapidly after being diagnosed 2 months ago with bladder cancer.  I know you will never forget him, but I hope time helps the pain.

Bud Jan 2018-04.jpg

14 years!!!!!!  Wow!  You were lucky to have him so long.  I am sorry.  Bud and my Chip went the same day.

Archived