HPX 15 Trim Tab Wedge?

hawg

I recently removed my trim tab planers to do some hull maintenance. On the right side tab, there was a small wedge-shaped piece of plastic which was placed between the lower actuator bracket and the planer itself. This wedge was about 1/4 inch thick and effectively kept the right side tab deeper in the water. The left side planer had no wedge installed.The previous owner had replaced the left side actuator and I'm wondering if this wedge was lost in the installation. Do any of you guys know what the original tab set-up was for this model skiff? The boat normally requires some right bow-down on the tabs in order to run level. I'm wondering if this missing wedge is part of that issue.

If the starboard side tab is lower on the hull due to the wedge, then on plane it will lift that side /

You mention the boat usually needs starboard down for level (which is accomplished using the port tab -- by pressing right side switch)

Makes sense to remove the wedge to level her.

Hope that helps.

Thanks captpn. I got that. I'm wondering if Maverick put those wedges in there to add a little "length" to the hull. I'd be more inclined to put a wedge in the left tab on the assumption that there was one there when the boat left the factory. Hopefully someone with a similar hull will have the answer.

I would agree, if you were going to install a wedge it would be on the left tab, most boat roll left due to engine torque, but I would not want a wedge to fix it. There is a chance your load for that day makes it run level, and in my boat above 40ish the torque roll is gone. I would take it out, but I don't have an HPX so I don't know if it is needed for something.

I have the same boat as you 15 HPX 2006.  the left tab is deployed about 1/2 in more than the right to keep it even.  There were no spacers on my boat .so maybe someone was being creative.  I don't notice listing  when running on plane with my adjustments.  I think it a quirk of the little boat.  I deploy a little tab action to stop porpoising at moderate speed 25ish.

Archived