Cushions - Hewes 97 20 LT

BBO

Good Morning, 

image.png.dd77be34a89aab99605bca71606a6ce2.png

Picked up this 97 Hewes 20 LT last season up on Cape Cod from the original owner that fished the Brewster flats. I'm a guide in Buzzards Bay which is just south of the cape in the Northeast. I have had my eyes on these for a while as I do a lot of backwater and flats fly fishing / light tackle trips In the spring time. The boat has been nothing but a joy so far. Going through her this offseason with the addition of a power pole, new electronics and going through all the electrical on the boat. I'm looking to purchase some new cushions as well. Maverick mentioned Sorite Cushions down In Florida who would be the best for the old style cushions. This boat has the old style flip up back rest which I do not really care for so I would like to go with the new style cushions they are using on the 18 currently. The mentioned the best bet would be contacting a dealer to get pricing and purchase this. Living up in the Northeast its pretty thin with dealers. Does anyone have a good dealer that they have used for sourcing parts like this down south ?

Appreciate any help.

Tight Lines,

Jamie 

8 minutes ago, JEM said:

I generally don't like red boats, but yours sure is nice looking!

Jem, 

Thanks for the kind words . I agree with you I absolutely hate red. I was thinking to spray it light grey or white this off season but the gel coat is in pretty good shape still. I've decided to put the effort into the wiring and systems on the boat first. For the deal I got this thing for I think ill end up spraying it next season.

Jamie 

Hi Jamie ,  I also have a 1997 LT bgt from a guide working "FISHING the Cape", Chatham 20yrs ago.It was the owners son.  It has been a great boat that I just repowered.  I use it in eastern CT out of Conn River.  Mine just has a cushion on the bench.  I like to have that area open to move around.  You might want to get a troller if you fish the rocks close in.  Boat is too much for me to pole very much.  Good luck 

Any decent upholster can make you cushions, how ever you want them to fill your space. It is just a mater of making a template of the space, cutting the foam, and sewing the cover. The material used is the only difference between boat cushions and chair cushions. Good luck.

Peace

Archived