Daiwa Fuego reviews?

rubble

One decent review on AMZN I read this am.  First, let me say Im not a reel guru.  My son and I got one Fuego 2500 LT and a few Legalis 2500/3000 LT's for Christmas.  Reels are very light, super smooth and honestly feel the same to me, except the Fuego "basically" has the Magseal for an extra $20-$30 imo.   I normally stick with Shimano Stradics, etc, but my tackle guy(family friend) says the same as your TFO dude, so I thought I'd try them.  Fortunately, the reels arent too expensive in case they disappoint.  Will update after real world use, but these are my first impressions. 

JP

The docs in the Fuego box do state its not fully waterproof and not to soak the reel or use cleaning agents.  Says not to lube the Magseal under the rotor obviously.  Also not to disassemble the body or rotor for maintenance.  Dont know if that translates to a fully sealed reel or not, but thats whats written.  If these reels end up being a home run it may be a game changer for the $.  If not, thats ok.

2 hours ago, RICH12 said:

True on the LT models.  I paid $72 the Fuego LT and $52 for the Legalist LT and thought that was a decent deal.

$72 bucks seems like a great deal. The next reel in the line up to mention Magseal is the Ballistic and its like $200.

I'm a long time Diawa fan, however the lineup change over the past few years has left me confused. I have a ton of old Diawas, Advantages, Sols, Tierras, and older Fuegos all in great shape and used regularly. I can't seem to make sense of the new names and quality, so I haven't bought a new reel in few years. 

Archived