MinnKota Ulterra Riptide Auto Deploy

MarcoFishHippie

Question, has anyone else bought a MinnKota Ulterra Riptide? How has it performed? I bought one over the summer. Love it. But only when it works. After about a dozen uses the auto-deploy stopped working. I called MinnKota and they said something in the deployment mechanism must have bounced loose. They told me to take it to a service center, which is 50 miles away. I am pretty underwhelmed by MinnKota CS. I've talked to a lot of guides in my area and they've all had problems. Anyone else out there having issues? Any quick fix tips so I don't need to keep schlepping 50 miles when/if it goes out again?

3 hours ago, MarcoFishHippie said:

Question, has anyone else bought a MinnKota Ulterra Riptide? How has it performed? I bought one over the summer. Love it. But only when it works. After about a dozen uses the auto-deploy stopped working. I called MinnKota and they said something in the deployment mechanism must have bounced loose. They told me to take it to a service center, which is 50 miles away. I am pretty underwhelmed by MinnKota CS. I've talked to a lot of guides in my area and they've all had problems. Anyone else out there having issues? Any quick fix tips so I don't need to keep schlepping 50 miles when/if it goes out again?

Several threads on here now...search may find more than this one but here ya go:  

Archived