scupper check valves question

HoneyB

I am curious to know what type check valves Pathfinder uses in the later model boats. My 2012 2200 does not have check valves and I plan on putting something in line to help keep the water off the deck. I have looked at gemlux offerings. I would love to have the floating ball floor drains but they are too large to fit the section of the floor where the current drains are. The duck bill scupper that fits inside the through hull seems like my best option at this point.

If anyone has experience adding checks in the drain lines I would love to hear about what you did and if you were satisfied with the results.

I don't know what type the factory installs. Mine are in-line valves near the transom. I can hear them working when sitting still, especially when the water is rough. The secrete is to keep them clean. Just the slightest little thing will keep them from sealing. I force water down my drains with a garden hose after every trip. Occasionally, I squirt a little Dawn down the drains and let it sit overnight.

• 2 months later...

I think we all know there is not a great solution for the wet deck problem. I wanted to go with the ping pong ball scupper from gem but it was too big for my floor. I decided to take a two step approach. I installed duck bill scuppers in my through hulls and crossed my drains to the opposite side of the boat. It was a bit of a job. I hope for good results. I will update in the coming weeks. 

36 minutes ago, HoneyB said:

I think we all know there is not a great solution for the wet deck problem. I wanted to go with the ping pong ball scupper from gem but it was too big for my floor. I decided to take a two step approach. I installed duck bill scuppers in my through hulls and crossed my drains to the opposite side of the boat. It was a bit of a job. I hope for good results. I will update in the coming weeks. 

I thought you had one of the newer style hulls (XL or TRS) that had virtually eliminated the water intrusion problem?  Did you check on the Rabud scuppers from Dusky Marine?

My hull is 2012 TRS 2200, which trust me has not eliminated water on the deck. 

I can not say I saw the scuppers you speak of but I searched everything I could on line. My drains are on the side of the hull so external ping pong balls don’t work 

I do not know what boat you have Bernie. Mine was dry most of the time but if one guy came around  to net a fish for another the water did back up onto the deck. People can say no big deal but my little 19 pioneer I had before this boat never had water on the deck unless I put it there. 

4 hours ago, HoneyB said:

I do not know what boat you have Bernie. Mine was dry most of the time but if one guy came around  to net a fish for another the water did back up onto the deck. People can say no big deal but my little 19 pioneer I had before this boat never had water on the deck unless I put it there. 

i put  Rabuds on  and still get water when 2 guys get in the stern. if i'm worried about wet feet(cold weather) i put 1 1/2" plumbers plugs in the holes. i had to grind a flat spot on the plugs to match up with the deck on the bottom.

Archived