Sign in to follow this  
HoneyB

scupper check valves question

I am curious to know what type check valves Pathfinder uses in the later model boats. My 2012 2200 does not have check valves and I plan on putting something in line to help keep the water off the deck. I have looked at gemlux offerings. I would love to have the floating ball floor drains but they are too large to fit the section of the floor where the current drains are. The duck bill scupper that fits inside the through hull seems like my best option at this point.

If anyone has experience adding checks in the drain lines I would love to hear about what you did and if you were satisfied with the results.

I don't know what type the factory installs. Mine are in-line valves near the transom. I can hear them working when sitting still, especially when the water is rough. The secrete is to keep them clean. Just the slightest little thing will keep them from sealing. I force water down my drains with a garden hose after every trip. Occasionally, I squirt a little Dawn down the drains and let it sit overnight.