WTB Skiff under $10k

Forgottencoast

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/24/2017 at 6:04 PM, Forgottencoast said:

Looking for a 16-18’ skiff under 10k. I mostly fly/sight fish but need something with a livewell to fish pilchards when they are in. I know there’s gotta be an old hewes or maverick out there that will fit this criteria. I’m located in the panhandle but willing to drive a reasonable distance for the right deal. Let me know! Thanks 

Shadowcast - $8,410 (16' with 9.8 hp Tohatsu tiller and galvanized trailer)

It's a very basic, minimalist, tunnel hull.  Not going to have a soft ride or perform like a Hewes or Maverick, but it's within your budget.  Other than something like this, I think you're looking at a serious project hull, if you want to stay in that price range.  Project hulls can be full of $urprises that you didn't count on!

5 hours ago, Forgottencoast said:

Thanks for the helpful (and not so helpful) replies everyone. The shadowcast is definitely on my radar. I have seen plenty of Bonefishers and old MA’s sell in this price range. Just looking for the right one. Thanks again everyone and please shoot anything of interest my way!

josh

You looked at these, very shallow. Lots of used on the web.

https://www.mitziskiffs.com/

7 hours ago, Forgottencoast said:

.. I have seen plenty of Bonefishers and old MA’s sell in this price range. Just looking for the right one. Thanks again everyone and please shoot anything of interest my way!

josh

Will-Do Josh.  We have members who watch classifieds and Craigslist ads in their areas.  They usually post up the ads in this Section.

Mod-1

Mod-1

I am looking for a boat for like 14 and other and would love a maverick or hewes but they hold there values for a reason .i did own a hpxt 17 with a 60 Yama the bat ran in spit with the tunnel hull but very flat and gave your kidneys a work out crossing a chop I have decided until I can buy another bay boat I'm searching for a ranger banshee extreme , boat also runs in spit but u sit up higher in a actual seat and if u look hard enough u will find one under 13 there's a 06 with a15 merc 60 four stroke in cocoa beach the guy asking 12500 no power pole
But maybe worth a look it's on micro skiff site Craigslist and Facebook good luck

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 9:01 AM, SkinnyWater79 said:

I am looking for a boat for like 14 and other and would love a maverick or hewes but they hold there values for a reason .i did own a hpxt 17 with a 60 Yama the bat ran in spit with the tunnel hull but very flat and gave your kidneys a work out crossing a chop I have decided until I can buy another bay boat I'm searching for a ranger banshee extreme , boat also runs in spit but u sit up higher in a actual seat and if u look hard enough u will find one under 13 there's a 06 with a15 merc 60 four stroke in cocoa beach the guy asking 12500 no power pole
But maybe worth a look it's on micro skiff site Craigslist and Facebook good luck

the ranger is not a cake walk in a chop also. nice rig, like the raised helm but not back friendly.

On 1/2/2018 at 9:01 AM, SkinnyWater79 said:

On 1/5/2018 at 8:45 AM, fin-addict said:

the ranger is not a cake walk in a chop also. nice rig, like the raised helm but not back friendly.

I was very interested in the Ranger Banshee a few years back.  There were some great deals on them because it seems they were donated to just about every outdoor sports charity auction, as a raffle prize back then.  However, like Fin-addict said all too kindly... they are known to be the wrong choice if you want a smooth ride in a chop.

yeah its hard the mavericks are priced so high  and cant be worse than my hpxt i want a 18 ma with a 4 stroke so bad perfect size. just hard to spend mid to high 20's for 12-15 year old boats. ive owned rangers and maverick/hewes they are both well built boats that most people that really fish and not out to impress with boats own . Ranger cant be that bad alot guys run in redfish cup 

1 hour ago, SkinnyWater79 said:

yeah its hard the mavericks are priced so high  and cant be worse than my hpxt i want a 18 ma with a 4 stroke so bad perfect size. just hard to spend mid to high 20's for 12-15 year old boats. ive owned rangers and maverick/hewes they are both well built boats that most people that really fish and not out to impress with boats own . Ranger cant be that bad alot guys run in redfish cup 

All kidding aside, I know all about staying within the budget when buying a boat.  My previous boat was a 1978 14' Sears Gamefisher Tri-Hull with a '87 Evinrude 15 hp.  Had a lot of fun in that old boat.  Ranger boats are well-built.  The Banshee is very wide and stable with a flat bottom that floats shallow.  If it fits your needs, you should go with it.  Good luck with your search!

Archived