18MA VS 18 EGRET

heweymagoos

16 hours ago, heweymagoos said:

Had a Egret Moccasin built. Build quality is top notch. Not a mass produced boat where corners are cut. 

IMG_9160.JPG

Congratulations - fantastic looking boat.  Where are you located btw?  I know that dock where the boat is tied up very very well, and there are some striper nearby!   Did you take her down to FL, or are you a NC/SC'er?

17 hours ago, heweymagoos said:

Had a Egret Moccasin built. Build quality is top notch. Not a mass produced boat where corners are cut. 

IMG_9160.JPG

I absolutely love what Egret has done with this model. I love the stand up console and semi-custom work that you can do. I've researched everyone that's on the internet and I will be fishing one next month in the keys. I really wish MGB would take the 21 MA hull and do something similar to this. To me, it's really the first "family" friendly flats style boat, if you choose to set it up that way. 

Congrats. I see the Yami on there. Is that a 200HP? Seems to be Suzuki 200's & Yami's on most.  

Lots of guys going Suzuki.....its the cheap alternative. You a pay a big premium when buying Yami, not just for the outboard itself but all rigging and gauges. Proven reliability. Go to the islands and every boat has a yami.... When comparing cost from egret to pathfinder there is a major difference. Pathfinder is by far the more expensive boat.  Frank, the owner of egret has tried to keep pricing close to what the original prices were when he bought the company. In the late 90s early 2000's people laughed when you told them a flats/bay boat was 60-70k now they are paying double that. And yes, its a 200hp. Max h.p for this hull.

Archived