Sign in to follow this  
JEM

Ran 25 miles south in the cold to find the fish....

But it turned out to be worth the gas.   I made an early morning run with the q beam.  A fishing buddy and I kept our limits of 30 trout and 10 reds.  Caught mostly on a jig and plastic grub.   Caught and released probably another 30 trout and left them biting.

809CF9C1-0DC9-4A14-9281-D5694F1138BD.jpeg

• Like 2

Remember, my share was only 15 trout and 5 reds.  Numbers 2 and 3.  I don’t freeze it anymore.  I eat it fresh (frying fish for the family tonite.....at least 4 adults). And I always fry enough so I can eat leftovers for 3 or 4 days.  I like fried fish better leftover than just cooked.    I have heard since I was a little kid that fish is “brain food,” but I have disproven that old wives tale!   The rest I give away to retired neighbors who are always at the door with their hands out.   I could be elected president if the only voters were the neighbors!  But not one filet is wasted.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, JEM said:

Remember, my share was only 15 trout and 5 reds.  Numbers 2 and 3.  I don’t freeze it anymore.  I eat it fresh (frying fish for the family tonite.....at least 4 adults). And I always fry enough so I can eat leftovers for 3 or 4 days.  I like fried fish better leftover than just cooked.    I have heard since I was a little kid that fish is “brain food,” but I have disproven that old wives tale!   The rest I give away to retired neighbors who are always at the door with their hands out.   I could be elected president if the only voters were the neighbors!  But not one filet is wasted.

i am getting to a point where fried fish sandwiches the next day are almost as big a treat as the first day!

• Like 1