Holiday Camping

Important questions from a freshwater guy...

1.  If the tide chart says high at 1pm, when is the best current to fish it?  On the incoming, out going or both?  

2. Is there any use fishing right at the tidal change?  Thinking there will be less movement for a stretch of time before and after 1pm. ?

3. Is it better to target the high or low tide times?

A

4 hours ago, conocean said:

I'm at my place in cip tomorrow, Wednesday & Thursday with my son but not this weekend.

Yes, I love the brown!!  

That's a bummer.  I'll miss you by hours.  Think we will roll in to Naples Thurs evening then head straight to CIP Fri morning sometime.

Has the debris in the water cleared up any?  Fish still hungry?  I still don't know the water that well but going to try and figure it out.  We'll be spending most of our time down south on the outside.  Don't think we'll take a chance on issues inside.  

Plenty of fish around, rubble. Find the good water and you'll find the fish. My Choko neighbors have been crushing the trout & reds within a few miles of cip the past two weeks. 

There are still many trees & blow-downs to hit in the back & out front. Most of them won't ruin a lower unit but be careful. I'll be standing at the helm while running for at least a few more months. Running at mid tide makes you a little vulnerable to hit something. 

Clean Rec90 is available at Parkway Marina for $4/gallon. Call their office when you pull up to the fuel dock & the manager will come meet you. It's way more convenient than pulling the boat to/from Glades City. I've been fueling up there most of the year and will continue to do so for the ease of use. 

6 hours ago, conocean said:

Plenty of fish around, rubble. Find the good water and you'll find the fish. My Choko neighbors have been crushing the trout & reds within a few miles of cip the past two weeks. 

There are still many trees & blow-downs to hit in the back & out front. Most of them won't ruin a lower unit but be careful. I'll be standing at the helm while running for at least a few more months. Running at mid tide makes you a little vulnerable to hit something. 

Clean Rec90 is available at Parkway Marina for $4/gallon. Call their office when you pull up to the fuel dock & the manager will come meet you. It's way more convenient than pulling the boat to/from Glades City. I've been fueling up there most of the year and will continue to do so for the ease of use. 

Great info as always paul...I spent some time on the phone last night with Rubble...I gave him a bunch of ideas from Lostman's to Pavillion.....he should be good to go and have some fun.....

dc

On 12/19/2017 at 8:57 AM, conocean said:

I'm assuming it's an above ground tank?

I know some of the "guides" are filling at the local Marathon, but, I"m still not feeling confident that their tanks are 100% clean.....but, again, that's what a fuel filter is for :)

dc

Had a few trout and a red. Saw some fish busting top and ran to them. Ended up hookes up for over an hour with one bluefish after the orher. Lots of fun. Talked to some guys next to us. They went south about 30 miles and caught about everything. More teout than they could count, reds, snook...  another boat hammered cobia about 40 miles offshore. Fishing is good here. 24C81E9E-C9D5-4062-B72F-1F9A3DC97C55.thumb.jpeg.71d636b9777514d4e23ac019a4f50363.jpeg

Archived