Hit a few today

Capt. Troy

1 hour ago, linesider 159 said:

Very nice. I went redfishing for the first time in a month yesterday and was bored out of my mind. Something about those grouper nearly breaking my arm when they hit the plug is just addicting

Im going to be out running around for them tomorrow. You going to be out there? 

Nice ones, Capt!

I used to love trolling plugs for Gags in the ENP rivers during the fall. We typically used Rapalas on stout rods with Shimano TLD 15's or 20's and 50lb braid. Even the mid 20" fish nearly rip the rod out of our hands on the bite and push us to the limit when fighting with all the river current, it's awesome!! 

Conocean been there done that. Back in the day we would pick up some really hard fighting grouper near little shark a couple times a month.  People would look at us with 4.0 Penn Senator rods and reels next to medium spinning gear . The guy I fished with would not clean the grouper at flamingo until everyone was gone .  Lots of fun.  Joe R

3 hours ago, hurricane said:

Shark river on cut lady fish, this was one of many.  

FB_IMG_1512166085613.jpg

Lady fish, alive, dead, whatever....best bait ever! 

I was chunking mullet the other day with my 6 year old son on a dock and I caught a lady fish and he said, "Dad you can't cut that lady fish up because she's a Lady, you have to let her go." 

Of course "she" swam away safe and sound. 

Went off anclote this morning and it was sporty! 1st pass picked up a grouper,  turned around and took one over the bow at idle. Couldn't idle into the waves without occasionally taking one over the bow. Didn't feel comfortable so made the run inshore and picked up a slam in about an hour on gold spoons and gulp. It was a legitimate 2-3's first thing and the boat was surfing waves. 

29024.jpeg

Archived