Islamorada tournament Aug.11

Hello everyone. My mother, Melody Gay Strickland p***ed away on June 2nd unexpectedly from a m***ive heart attack at 57 years old. She was an avid angler, and Hewes owner, as well as a renowned tropical landscape designer on Key Biscayne/Miami Beach. In her memory we are organizing an annual event to be held out of Islamorada. Her birth date was August 5th, so it will be the weekend following the fifth annualy. The majority of our family are anglers, so being the first year, and on short notice, it is going to be an open tournament, free to all, with commemorative plaques to be given to the winners. I am currently working on a rule structure, which will likely be adopted from another inshore/offshore tournament, with a point system for an overall winner, and separate trophies for an offshore and inshore cl***. I am going to Islamorada Saturday to book a location, I will likely be trying to use breezy palms if its available. If anyone has any tips or suggestions to help me out, they would be greatly appreciated! If you would like to attend, e-mail me micahbzabaleta@gmail.com and I will p*** along all information as it is finalized. Tentatively, there will be a captains meeting at 6 a.m. Saturday, fishing from 7 a.m. until last boat in at 4 p.m. weigh ins (legal fish only!) And photo reviews for catch and release species should go no later than 6 p.m. with a brief awards ceremony, and fish fry at 7!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived