Smoking frying or baking ??

HoneyB

Happy thanksgiving to all! Reading MBG forum while prepping my Bird and Butt for the smoaker I wonderd who else is smoaking tonight? 

I smoke mine with a Boston Butt on the top rack.. birdie will be golden brown as the juice drips over it while cooking..

so how you guys cooking the feast of thanksgiving? 

14 hours ago, HoneyB said:

Happy thanksgiving to all! Reading MBG forum while prepping my Bird and Butt for the smoaker I wonderd who else is smoaking tonight? 

I smoak mine with a Boston Butt on the top rack.. birdie will be golden brown as the juice drips over it while cooking..

so how you guys cooking the feast of thanksgiving? 

Same except a brisket and some chickens to go with the Turkey.

6 hours ago, whichwaysup said:

Big Green Egging it mad max style.  First time we are attempting this.  Been dry brining for a couple of days now, yum. . .

How did it turn out?  We were a little skeptical first run because of the wine/gravy but man did it all finish off well.!  

Sorry I can't contribute to the OP's question, but I do have an update on catering with Cracker Barrel. We ordered turkey and ham with all the side dishes and it ranked right up there as some of the best food I have ever consumed.  The ladies did not have to shop, cook or clean-up, so they spend more time talking and we know they like to talk. This was our first try at catering a holiday dinner and  the family has already decided to do the same thing for Christmas. The average cost was approx. $12 per person and we had tons of food left over.

10 hours ago, SCFD rtrd. said:

Sorry I can't contribute to the OP's question, but I do have an update on catering with Cracker Barrel. We ordered turkey and ham with all the side dishes and it ranked right up there as some of the best food I have ever consumed.  The ladies did not have to shop, cook or clean-up, so they spend more time talking and we know they like to talk. This was our first try at catering a holiday dinner and  the family has already decided to do the same thing for Christmas. The average cost was approx. $12 per person and we had tons of food left over.

That's sounds like a nice easy day .. work smarter not harder ! 

Well sice we are reporting back, I should fess up.   The big Green Egg cooked the turkey PERFECTLY. .  . but the idiot chef decided (based on the fool proof internet advice) to dry brine the turkey for 3 days . . .

. . . I Turned that bird into a smokey salt lick.  threw it on a stake in the yard and attracted deer from several surrounding states.  My fingers looked like sausages this morning, LOL.

You win some, you lose most.  Here's to Next year's thanksgiving attempt!

Archived