Gem Products stainless latches that lock

I just installed those on on Pathefinder 17T, I spent a lot of time looking up pics on the internet to see which one I needed. I went with the 2" with med offset, mainly because I thought that the mid offset would give me the best chance for making it lock. There expensive and I did not want to send one back. I have a shallow gutter and found out the I probably could have used the straight or low offset. I had to install a small piece of aluminum angle so the latch would catch. So, if you have deep gutters, then the mid or high offset would probably work. As far as lining up, I used a square and found the center of the hatch and bought a hole saw to cut the hole and used a dremel for final adjustments. Let me know if you need a pic

Thanks for your help. After I typed the question about how to line-up all the latches in the same position I realized that was a dumb question. If you have pictures that would be great. I'm preparing for my trip to Islamorada and I'm staying a La Siesta and wanted to keep my stuff secure. Thanks again. I get a little nervous when I cut or drill anything on the boat.

• 1 year later...

Archived