TM battery question

johnd

36 volt 112 lb thrust here....mainly  because here in South Georgia we have an average of 6 to 7 foot tides....the water running hard combined with some wind ( which we always have ) and it is rough on a trolling motor .... I previously had a 24 volt 70 lb and I could only get about 3 hours of use before it would be very low on juice....keep in mind that I Tripletail and Tarpon fish on the beachfront., if you are in the creeks or smaller rivers , or if your boat  usage has less current and less wind ...you could get by with less....but I have no regrets with the extra battery and a 3 bank charger on board for my trolling motor.  Having said that, I don't know what boat you have...but mine is a 22 ft Pathfinder ...I do fish with JEM in his 22 ft Pathfinder and he has a 24 volt 80 lb and it seems to work just fine. My previous was a 70 lb and that may be the difference. 

I have 36 on 2000v with a Stealth DC charger. I fish in some SWIft water from tome to time and just live withthe spot lock on.  My buddies that have fished with me are amazed at how well it will hold and how effortless it is withthe spotlock. Plus the fact that we never fall short on power. 

Archived