My 21 MA

MDS

MDS - you gotta stop dangling that thing with Nagjuice around.  You are showing crack to an addict.  Ever since he bought his (2nd) 18.5 MA, he's been jonesing for a 21.   A late model 21 with an SHO is just going to be too much for the guy's heart.  It's bad for his health.  Have mercy on the guy, really!

Gorgeous sled, awesome rocket on the back, that thing is a real treasure!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Capt. Troy said:

Curious as to what prop your running? I have a 2010 and have never seen that type of speed

14- 21 is what is on it now, haven’t run wide open yet. I think the old one was a 14-21 but it cracked.

On 1/2/2018 at 6:10 PM, MDS said:

14- 21 is what is on it now, haven’t run wide open yet. I think the old one was a 14-21 but it cracked.

What RPM at 67 MPH? And not wide open you say.:o

Prop calculations say not possible with 21 pitch prop to hit 57. I am running a OFX 21 4 Power tech and have tried many others over the last 2 21 MA I have owned. Just curious?

26 minutes ago, Capt. Troy said:

What RPM at 67 MPH? And not wide open you say.:o

Prop calculations say not possible with 21 pitch prop to hit 57. I am running a OFX 21 4 Power tech and have tried many others over the last 2 21 MA I have owned. Just curious?

I was at 5800 rpm not sure the prop was a 21 pitch. After it cracked I took it to a repair shop and they said it had been cupped and the pitch changed. He thought that’s why it cracked.

Gotcha.

I mis typed 21 at 57 meant to say 67 as you said.

I have done some testing with loaded 21 MA. With my normal fishing load and half a tank of fuel 62 is the best without over propping and I"m turning the 21 OFX with lots of cup. Very good hole shot and can turn 5800 rpm.

Be curious to know the specs of that prop your running.

Ran the Calcs for a heavy cupped 21 which equates to a 22 pitch prop. At 62 mph and 5800 with a 1.75 gear you can hit that speed. But, like I said very unlikely loaded. Plug in 67 MPH and the calc computes a less than 0% slip and that ain't happening.

The 250 SHO would not swing a 23 pitch prop on my boat. Maybe the original owner did some motor mods. I dunno

Anyhow, great boat and you likely have one of the last ones built. I wore out 5 engines on my first one and have 600 hours on the second engine on my current 2010.

Archived