Pricing my boat???

tail-chaser

For some strange reason Texas Pathfinders go for a lot less than Florida Pathfinders. I would say if your boat was in Florida it would sell fairly quickly priced around $42,000 99% of bay boat owners will require an ipilot trolling motor and a power pole, so that will require $3,750 more into the overall price.  Also 22 pathfinders with 4 cylinder f150 and f200 take longer to sell than higher priced same model boat will 200 - 250 SHO motors....don’t get too locked in on what other people are “asking” for their used boats.  There is a decent sized gap in listing price and actual sales price.  Just look around at how long some of these used boats have been for sale.  

I think a lot of folks are a little worried about buying something that much sight unseen.  

And as a sell I wouldn't want my boat crossing state lines unless I had money in hand.  

This is a great boat but in Texas a boat that can run shallow is a huge benefit, a lot of times you need to run in shallow water to get to good fishing.  Way different than florida.

As broker I can access actual sales vs asking... in Fl recently basically same sold for $45k.   Earlier this year a 2016 model sold $52 in SC.

you appear to be priced in the right area.  Btw: lots of skinny water in Fl we have to cross to get to fishing spots too.  

23 hours ago, johnd said:

As broker I can access actual sales vs asking... in Fl recently basically same sold for $45k.   Earlier this year a 2016 model sold $52 in SC.

you appear to be priced in the right area.  Btw: lots of skinny water in Fl we have to cross to get to fishing spots too.  

Thanks for that info.  It seems I'm on the money and I have someone willing to help me deliver it to Florida if needed.  I figured that will make a big difference and open up my market quit a bit. 

Biggest difference between here and florida... florida has a shallow places that you have to cross but also has amazing channel systems. Texas doesn't have that in a lot of places.  There are places that are 8-10 miles of 6-10 inches of water that are full of fish too.  Can't take a pathfinder into those places.  although there is still tons a great fishing other than those places that the pathfinder is used for, for the type of fishing I really love a boat designed for that shallow of running is what I really want.  

I can see why boat like the pathfinder is so popular in florida.  That being said, all my friends that have "texas" boats absolute love my pathfinder, the way it handles chop and the way it's laid out is awesome and well thought out. It's been a blast having this boat but once this one is sold and my house is finished it's back to poling skiff for me.

Thanks again for your help

Archived