FIRE SALE! Pathfinder 26hps for sale ($21000)

linesider 159

On 11/11/2017 at 10:56 AM, linesider 159 said:

I didn't notice they took the hatches. That wont be cheap to replace. 

As far as why they took them, I believe they are after the latches and hardware. 6 screws (3 each hinge) and now they have a gemlux latch and 2 hinges. 

X2.  They take all the hatches for the hardware. 

On 11/11/2017 at 10:56 AM, linesider 159 said:

I didn't notice they took the hatches. That wont be cheap to replace. 

As far as why they took them, I believe they are after the latches and hardware. 6 screws (3 each hinge) and now they have a gemlux latch and 2 hinges. 

With hardware (hinges, latches and shocks) you're looking at about $3,500 to replace all the hatch lids. All because they wanted the hardware... probably sold all the hardware for about $150 and trashed the actual lids. 

Josh B.

That is absolutely insane that someone/somepeople would go to this extreme.  It must have taken them hours to strip this boat.  Where in the heck do you go to do this type of thing.  Man am I glad I moved out of Miami when I did.  I am surprised my brothers don't have this issue.  Loved growing up there but can't take it anymore when I visit.

OK, I've gotta say!  If the number on the asking price started with a one instead of a two....maybe. Not worth the effort unless you want to do it yourself...OR are able to do it yourself without farming out any of the work to a commercial boat re-builder. Too many things can go wrong with insurance, title, legal-beagle stuff, etc.. I can't see where it's worth the effort at his asking price. As an example, suppose you worked your rear off on building the hatches and they looked just OK, gonna kill the value because it will not look original. Could go on and on.

Archived