WTB: Maverick HPX-V 18'

Firefighter813x

I'm looking for a newer clean Maverick HPX-V 18' with low hours and a Yamaha 115 under 38k.  My main reason for the Maverick is becuase I don't pole the skiff much and want something less technical to fish with my family.

Please PM or email at firefighter813x@yahoo.com  

I'm in Mount Pleasant, SC (Charleston area) 

I can trade a 2016 Cayo 173 with a Tohatsu 50 with under 60 hours plus cash too...  value Cayo at 29k.  Cayo 173 priced new is roughly 35k with a 7-10 month build time.

5a03947bc6331_ChrisCayo.jpg.33aa6ef89170368ead272f992aa51529.jpgIMG_2415.thumb.JPG.aaf04e41132a07c0ff1a905d2f3b7451.JPG

2016 Tohatsu 50 four stroke with under 60 hours, broken in properly and 10 hour service completed (under warranty for 4 more years)
- Two-tone Mystic White hull with Whisper Grey non-skid
- Lenco trim tabs
- 13 gallon fuel tank
- Rule 800 GPH bilge pump
- Brand new Simrad NSS7 Evo 3 with FMT charts for entire state of Florida (have NMEA wiring but not connected yet)
- Front and rear facing rod tubes
- Grab handles on both side of console
- New Racor fuel/water separator
- Black powder coat package
- Black Livorsi LED navigation lights
- Steering wheel wrapped and HCFT insert
- Grey cushions with black piping on jump seat and rear seat
- Powertech SCB3R16P prop (Cruise 30 mph at 4700 rpm 37 mph at 5500 rpm WOT two guys and full load)
-2016 Custom Ameritrail Aluminum trailer with swing tongue, aluminum wheels, matching spare and tie down straps (recently had Ameritrail add curved cross beams for even shallower launching and new carpet)(fits in 19.5' x 20' garage with room for car)
-Kicker Pro blue tooth mini stereo, 500 watt amp and 2 speakers
- Casting platform with SeaDek and cup holder
-V-marine push pole caddy and push pole holders
-RED LED Lighting, switch panel backlighting

Cayo LED.jpg

IMG_2407.JPG

IMG_2408.JPG

IMG_2409.JPG

IMG_2412.JPG

Wow, I really like this boat a lot! I absolutely love the personal touches you did! Really nice! 

IMO I'm not really sure the 18 HPX is going to solve your problem. You would be going from one tech skiff to another with just a little bit more room and speed. Do you fish 80% of the time under 8-10" of water? Call me crazy but you may want to consider an 18 MA? Way better ride in rougher water and more room. You said you don't poll which would make me think you're really not fishing in really skinny water. The 18 MA will float in 12-13" and is a really stable, incredibly dry and has a ridiculously comfortable ride.  I'm only saying this because I've fished both and have kids. Granted you have to find one, but with your budget you could buy, re-power and trick out an 18 MA the way you want with lots of money left over. Heck even a 21MA may be what you need. Same draft and even more room if you're really looking to stay in a true flats boat. There are some 21' MA's with low hours in your budget BTW. 

And let the debate begin...Haha! 

I fished out of a 2016 HPX-V 18' not too long ago and really liked it.  It was super stable and had room on the bow and plenty on the rear deck.  

My price range is closer to a 2010-2014ish skiff, however, I've seen some sell in the past for a great deal.

The Cayo is amazing as a technical poling skiff but it's just that... a tech poling skiff. lol  I'd much rather use a trolling motor 80% of the time but still have the option to pole.  

Gotcha. I'm glad to hear you've fished on a 18 HPX-V. They're awesome for what they are built for. I've always said if money was no object I would own an 18 HPX and a 25 Hybrid PF. 

I have to ask, have you've ever been on a Master Angler? I'm sure some guys will chime in soon on this and if you can you should really try to get on one. 

MA's have that old school look that isn't for everyone. However if you don't pole much and want to enjoy fishing with your family as you mentioned above then you should definitely get out on an 18MA before you totally discount it. My now ex-wife, son and I definitely weren't as comfortable when I went from an 17MA to an 18HPX because it's less stable, has less storage and doesn't ride as well when it gets rough. My 18HPX is the perfect boat for me now because I rarely fish with more than one person and I pole at least half the time. Just some food for thought. Good luck! 

3 hours ago, Nag Juice said:

Does it have to be in Chucktown? There have been a couple recently that meet your requirements just not in Chuck. Scroll there the ads on this page. I'd travel a few hundred miles for the right boat.

No, I 've traveled to FL and other states for cars/boats.  I just meant that I am in CHS, SC.  Is it misleading?

Archived